Saturday, February 7, 2009

What a long day...

I'm sitting here at the computer all glassy eyed and it's only 8-ish. I was almost wishing I could go to sleep while putting the kids to bed earlier.

I spent 2 hours at Walmart this afternoon with all 4 of the kiddos. Jim dropped me off at Walmart and then went to a doctor's appt, thinking that he would finish before the shopping was done. He was wrong. He had to wait over an hour to see the doctor, because they were so busy; he did warn me after he got there that there was a long wait. So, I tried to shop slowly; and I got to visit a bit with 2 women from church that I saw there (both women I visit teach -- how funny is that?). And for once, we looked for the longest line to check out with instead of the shortest one. And then we waited on a bench with our full cart of groceries till Jim called to say he was finally done and coming to get us. While waiting on that bench (with 4 kids running around -- Lissy wouldn't stay in the cart and she wouldn't stay on my lap), a man dropped by to comment on the 4 girls and then said something about how I was there when he first came in and still there while he's leaving. Yeah, it was a long wait.

I'm not sure if that's why I'm tired now. Or it could be lugging wood to the house immediately after we got home (which was sundown). Had to get some in, because it's supposedly supposed to snow tomorrow, though I'm sure we won't get any. It almost never snows when forecast; at least, not here.

So. I may have some family visit me this week -- Annie and Cristeen (without their spouses). Hopefully, it all works out -- I would love having them here!

Not much else going on. I've been reading A LOT. It's like I get antsy when I don't have something to read, and most of the books lately haven't been real worthwhile, but it's like I'm addicted to reading; I can't stop! A great escape, I guess.

Actually, I was thinking of making a blog about book recommendations. Does anybody have any? What are your favorite books? I read mostly fiction -- I like historical fiction, novels, non-fiction if it's like a story. I was just thinking how bad I am: I mean if I even spent half the time I spend reading books, and read scriptures instead -- just think what a more peaceful, spiritual person I would be! But I'm so unmotivated. So bad, so bad.

So anyway! Guess that's it, for now! Oh, I'm more awake now -- guess I'll go find a book... just kidding. No, I'm not. :)

3 comments:

  1. That sounds like a long trip to the grocery store. No wonder you were tired last night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the day in the life of a mom. Aren't you SOOSOO glad you brought that wood in? Lots of snow today. YUCK. At least it didn't stick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to read too! I don't read scriptures as much as I should either. I remember thinking that you were sure brave to shop with all 4 kids at once. Even when I try it with 3, I'm pulling my hair out in 15 mintues...

    ReplyDelete