So, what's the verdict? Should I cut it or not? Please share any comments! Or vote in poll at top left! Thanks!
Saturday, November 8, 2008
Short hair or long? You decide...
Okay, so I've been growing my hair out a bit (from a last shorter haircut) and tonight I dyed it (a dark golden brown), then straightened it. Jim commented to me last night that he likes my hair shorter, probably chin length or just below chin. I can't decide which I like better: the length I have now or shorter. So what do you think? I took some pictures in front of the mirror of my hair as it is now and then tried to tuck it in a bit to make it look shorter. Here they are:


So, what's the verdict? Should I cut it or not? Please share any comments! Or vote in poll at top left! Thanks!
So, what's the verdict? Should I cut it or not? Please share any comments! Or vote in poll at top left! Thanks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I LOVE it shorter like that with some cute layers. WAY CUTE!! You look so pretty in those pictures.
ReplyDeleteI voted "keep it the same" and Annie voted for shorter -- but I think it looks good either way.
ReplyDelete--Dave
Huh... I think it looks good both ways. Shorter seems more styled and "perky"(that isn't the word I want to use, but can't think of what to call it). I'd say if Jim likes it shorter and you don't have a preference, than go shorter. Are those pictures after you dyed your hair? You look really pretty in those pictures.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the compliments and input so far! I think I might like it shorter also... still deciding.
ReplyDeleteYeah, Lo, I did take the pictures after the dye job. I first took some without makeup and decided not to go there -- so at 9-ish pm I was applying makeup and then took pictures again. Yikes.
Hey Sherry!
ReplyDeleteCute pictures! I'm with Marcie--I think shorter with layers looks really cute. I'm impressed with the second pic--it looks like you already cut it and added layers. Either way you're just a hottie...what can I say? :) And, the color looks really good too--what's your natural color?
I like it both ways! Long is nice because of the ponytail factor. But sometimes shorter looks more fun. You can always cut it and let it grow back out if it's not your bag!
ReplyDeleteI thought I would like the longer style better - but when I saw the second picture, I liked the shorter style. I think that length of hair would look really good on you. (not sure about going as short as chin length, but the length in the second picture is great)
ReplyDeleteTake it from someone who just got her hair shorter with more layers -- I was surprised to find out that shorter, layered hair is MUCH higher maintenance than longer hair, and requires a lot of daily styling effort. If you want to go to the effort of styling it, go for the shorter. But if not, I'd keep it longer and just wear it in a ponytail. Either way is OK though.
ReplyDeleteThanks for all your input!
ReplyDeleteBrooke -- my natural is a dark brown (with, unfortunately, more white hairs showing up all over! Aaack!)
Kandice - good point about the ponytail - great for moms on the run!
Cristeen - I agree about the length in the 2nd picture -- I don't think I'd want to go up to my chin either.
Sharon - true about the styling thing - I'd always have to style it to make it look decent....
So, I think I like the 2nd picture better also -- with more layers. So for those living in my town -- where do you go for a good haircut that's not too expensive?
Hi Sherry! Long time no see! I saw your blog on Candice's. Your kids are so big!!! I can't believe it. And you guys are in Snowflake now? How fun. My mom moved down here so now we have none to visit up there...:( I haven't been there in several years. The last time was when we went to see the bronze memorial in front of the Main Street Chapel. Curtis worked on it when he worked for a foundry in Tempe. It's a fun link to my home town. Hope to hear from you soon.
ReplyDeleteYes, you can link to my blog. It's fun to reconnect. Hope your day is great. P.S. I like the longer style. But I'm always envious of people who look good in long hair because I keep mine short.You look great either way.
ReplyDelete