Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Me rambling...

So, I've got this lingering cold that just won't go away! It's not bad, really, but I keep thinking I'm over it and so I go about my normal activities, and then I feel worse the next day. It's happened about 3 times now since last week! Yesterday I felt pretty good and worked on cleaning up the house and did some watering outside and visited with my neighbor and pretty much just kept busy all day and today I woke up tired and stuffy again, so I thought I'd take it easy today -- no working allowed! :)

So, we've sorta adopted a kitten, or the kids have anyway. They are silly over that thing! I think it's from our neighbors that live just north of us -- they have a ton of cats over there. Anyway, the kitten has stayed on our porch for about 3 days now -- we can't keep it inside or anything, but the girls made up a basket with old shirts inside and wrapped around to make a little tent/nest for the kitten and we've been feeding it warm milk and other scraps 3 times a day. It's very tame, which is good, because those girls can't keep their hands off it. I caught Kira holding it the other day like a doll tucked under her arm with its legs hanging below! Yikes.

Well, I can't decide about my hair (in case anyone's wondering)... I'm just not in the mood to have it cut now, I think. Though I do think it would look better shorter, I think I'll save that style for when it warms up -- a nice summer cut! Anyway, I'm kind of embarrassed about that post now... you know how you get in moods, but then later you're like, "What was I thinking??? Posting pictures for everybody to look at?! Aaaah!" Anyway...

So... I'm excited for the Twilight movie to come out this Friday! I mean, I won't be seeing it right away or anything, but I'm very interested to read the movie review in the AZ Republic on Friday and see how it turns out. Yes, I did get bit by the Twilight bug, but I'm not obsessed and nutty like some of the fans! Well, okay, I was obsessed for a few weeks after I read the first book (last spring) and looked up everything I could find on it on the Internet, but that faded, and I was able to look at it more objectively and enjoy the entertaining aspects of it all without the obsession. Unfortunately, though, I've been sucked in again this week reading all the online interviews and clips of the movie, etc. Yikes. But it does look like it's going to be good, and Jim agreed to see the movie with me! I'm so happy and excited -- I told him he had to promise not to make fun of it and he did and said he wanted to see it with me, so I think we'll go next Saturday (the weekend after it comes out). Coolio. Something to look forward to.

Well... I can't really think of anything else at the moment, and it's almost time to pick up Brynna, so I guess I'll end!

4 comments:

  1. That cool that Jim will see Twilight with you! Rats!(for me)I was looking forward to that at Christmas. I bet they will show it here soon though.
    Fun reading about your news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Curtis has been ridiculing me since last fall when I read the first 3 books. He keeps making snide comments like "What would Edward do?". I'm actually going to a midnight show tomorrow night. A friend rented the theatre so we will have a private showing for about 125 friends. Hopefully I can get Curtis to go with me because I'm sure I'll want to see it again. My friend's husband is TOTALLY into it so I'm making him a shirt to wear that says "Bite me, Rosalie" in glittery letters. He's so fun! Hope you get feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I, for one, didn't think the haircut post was odd or embarassing, and the pictures were good.

    Hmm, Annie hasn't mentioned the Twilight movie yet - I wonder if she's waiting until I'm in a really good mood...

    I did just read this interview with the vampire actor - it sounds like there's lots of sexual tension - can't hardly wait :-P

    Wow, 125 friends. I don't think I have even talked to that many people in the last month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought the hair cutting pictures were great! It would be fun for me to try the same thing:)
    So I'll be curious to hear what you think about the movie. I've met a few people going to the midnight showing! I can't but help think "Cedric" whenever I see that actor though.

    ReplyDelete