I was commenting to Jim on the way home about how we all leave afterwards (compared to hanging out all day at my parents' house playing games with siblings or visiting or whatever) and Jim just said he couldn't handle anymore anyway. Which is true. We have some loud nieces and a nephew.
Can you believe that? There's 10 girls (including mine) and 1 boy of the grandkids. Jim's brother has all girls also (3 of them), and his sister has 3 girls and 1 boy. I guess this family is just a girl factory. Anyway, I'm going off on a tangent...
So, it will be fun to visit my family next year. I am planning to come down the day after Christmas to visit for I don't know how long yet and am looking forward to seeing family!
So I have a few miscellaneous pictures I've taken this last week. Brynna was in a Thanksgiving program at school (kindergarten) and she dressed as a pilgrim. Her class recited a poem -- it was cute; plus they all sang some Thanksgiving songs. Here's a pic of Brynna and Kira after her program:
Here's a video of the girls I took the other night. They were jumping around and Lissy was trying to jump also. Her version of jumping, anyway.
So, Lissy will be going into Nursery in 2 weeks! I can't wait! Well, it's Jim who usually has her during the other meetings since I teach in Primary, but I had her today since my co-teacher was teaching. She did pretty well with me in Primary -- she sat in a little folding chair next to me and watched for awhile and then started climbing up and down the chair, then started picking at a boy next to her. Anyway, I can't believe she'll be 18 months old in December. Crazy...
And Kira's birthday is this next month also -- she'll be turning 4 on the 14th. She's crazy about horses and we're going to give her a large-ish stuffed horse for her birthday. She's wishing for a real one, but ha! That's not going to happen! She told me she's going to ask Santa for a real mommy horse, and I just told her that Santa is NOT going to give her a real horse, so she can just forget that.
cute video of the girls! So...let's just say that I'm not a co-teacher with you anymore...it's kind of a bummer. I'm sure I wasn't really that much of a help--but I really enjoyed you and our class and will miss it.
ReplyDeleteWhenever our kids would ask for something outrageous from Santa, we would remind them that Santa only gives gifts that he thinks the parents would approve of. It got us off the hook a few times.
ReplyDeleteOn Thanksgiving we stayed ALL day at Curtis' sister and had an "incident" with a Scrabble game. Hanging out all day is over-rated. Just kidding..we had fun (a little).
That's a cute video of Lissy. She is at a my favorite age. I bet that will be nice to have her in nursery now.
ReplyDelete