A couple of weeks ago we met up with my parents and siblings on top of the Rim for a day of camping. Everyone else stayed a few days, but the girls and I drove over to spend one day -- and it was perfect! We had a great time. Some of the highlights were playing Capture the Flag with Dave, Sandy, and all the kids; looking for 'pretty rocks'; playing board games; and hanging out by the fire and roasting marshmallows. It turned out to be only a 45 minute drive from our house, so it was nice to stay long and then drive home to sleep in a comfortable bed :). Here's some pics taken from our day:
Another July happening: a dear aunt made these adorable dresses for our girls:
Let's see: we had some visits from family in July, too. Joe & Colene visited us, and Rob & Cristeen came. My parents came up on my birthday and stayed for a few days. My dad bought me two more apple trees and planted them, plus a couple of additions to my garden: watermelon plant and red pepper plant. I spent some birthday money and bought a rose bush for my front porch area and some flowers for the front, too (which promptly died -- the annuals -- not the rose bush -- good thing I took pictures...)
Playing Scattegories
The girls playing with the hammock
Cristeen
Roasting marshmallows
Kira and grandma
Another July happening: a dear aunt made these adorable dresses for our girls:
The girls were really pleased and excited. I couldn't believe she could make something so well (compared to my measly sewing skills...)! So nice!!
Let's see: we had some visits from family in July, too. Joe & Colene visited us, and Rob & Cristeen came. My parents came up on my birthday and stayed for a few days. My dad bought me two more apple trees and planted them, plus a couple of additions to my garden: watermelon plant and red pepper plant. I spent some birthday money and bought a rose bush for my front porch area and some flowers for the front, too (which promptly died -- the annuals -- not the rose bush -- good thing I took pictures...)
The 2 new apple trees
My flowers
The rose bush
My garden in middle of July
Speaking of rain, look what we found outside our door one morning after it had rained the night before:
Can you tell what it is? Here's a closer up picture of it:
It was a baby tarantula! Lissy found it first, and knew immediately what it was, telling me that there was a baby tarantula on the wall. Later, when we were both studying it as close as we dared, she said, "Awww, it's cute -- it's fluffy." Yes, but it also bites, I had to warn her. It stayed in the corner all day, then the next morning it was gone. I was a little disappointed... we called it, "Tara" ha ha.
So, now it's August and we are anxiously awaiting school starting -- at least the girls are; I guess I kinda am, too. Not looking forward to getting up early every morning, and the mad dash of sending the girls off to school, but I am looking forward to the peace and quiet :).
Okay, I can't resist; here's a couple more pictures I took today during and after our rain:
I love the views around our house!
Wow, love the pictures around your house. Annie and I were looking through old photos and found one of our house before everything was planted. Kinda fun looking back and seeing the change.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great post! Are you loving your house!?!? I love all the things you're planting--how fun! The girls are sure growing up. They're adorable as always!
ReplyDeleteYou are making me homesick!!! I love Snowflake in July. Your girls are so cute in their dresses!
ReplyDelete