Saturday, August 13, 2011

Back to School

Kate, Brynna, and Kira started school on Thursday.  Kate's now in 4th grade and going to an Intermediate school; Brynna is in 3rd, and Kira in 1st. 

I took them to school on the first day; I don't know why I even bothered: both Brynna and Kira insisted they did NOT want me to walk them to class.  What??? I even showered purposely so I would look presentable.  Just kidding.  I mean I did, but I don't think that was the problem.  We had been reminiscing about past years of first days (and weeks) and how Brynna had a hard time going to kindergarten and would hang onto my leg and not let go when I tried to leave. (Took about a week or so, but she finally adjusted).  And then Kate who had a hard time adjusting to 1st grade and how I made her a happy chart to get her motivated to go happily and earn a sticker...  So when I asked Kira again if she was sure she wanted me to just drop her off and not walk her, she said, "Don't worry, Mom; I'm not going to hold onto your leg, I'm not scared; I'll be fine."  Oh, all right then!

And then I took Kate to her school, and she had previously told me just to drop her off since she knew where her classroom was, but as we approached the school she said I could walk her after all.  So we got out of the car, walked about halfway to her class, and she said she could go the rest of the way by herself.  Fine then. I can't believe she's in 4th now, by the way...

So, the kids came home happy.  They like their teachers; everything went well... Kate came home with 2 library books and ecstatic because she can turn them in any time, and check out more.  Oh, and in 4th grade as an optional after school program, they offer beginning band or orchestra.  Kate has been begging to play the violin, so we are going to let her join orchestra and learn.  We'll keep her in piano lessons, too, and see how she does juggling both, I guess.  I think she'll do fine; she's always bored anyway, so this will keep her busy! :)

And as for Lissy, it's just she and I, me and her.... Actually, we're going to participate in a little joy school or preschool with some other moms in my ward, so that will be fun for her.  It will be starting up next week, and the moms will take turns doing preschool lessons.  I think that will be fun -- it's just once a week. 

So, here's some pics I took of the girls on their first day:





 Silly...

This one makes me laugh :)

No comments:

Post a Comment