Friday, May 27, 2011

3rd grade field trip

I went on a field trip with Kate's class a week or so ago -- we visited the Petrified Forest that I have never been to.  It was fun, though windy and kind of chilly that day, but I guess better than burning up hot.  The kids did a 'paleontology dig' with a presentation by a forest ranger first, then did a couple of nature walks, too.  It took up the whole day actually.  Anyway, here's some pics from the trip:

On the bus: Kate with her partner.  Unfortunately, this is the only pic with her.  She ended up feeling sick on the trip, and didn't participate very much.


 Behind the visitors center there were trails up and down with petrified wood all over.


 Kate and 2 other girls from our group (sitting on some petrified wood)



 Up close shot of some petrified wood

Inside the visitor's center

1 comment:

  1. I always wanted to visit the petrified forest too. Kate looks cute in the hat!

    ReplyDelete