Sunday, August 1, 2010

Creepy-crawly & other stuff

I'm so not in the mood for updating this blog; I keep putting it off and now it's August -- I skipped July -- oops. Anyhow, I'm tired of seeing the last post; it's time to move on... Ha! I wish...

Speaking of moving: we still haven't. Our house as of last week is finally done and cleaned up and ready to go. The appraiser came out last week, and we have to wait at least 2 weeks for the paperwork, whatever, to go through... But! We're going to start attending our new ward next Sunday -- which might be kind of fun, I guess, though I'm sad about leaving our old ward already.

Today we went out to the house after church, and as we drove up our little road we saw this:

A tarantula! I persuaded Jim to turn around and drive back, so the kids could see it, too. I wish I had my camera with me, so I could have taken more of a close-up pic of it. (Jim took this safely from the car.) He says he's never seen one in Snowflake before. We saw another one on the road on our way back -- must be all the rain we're getting is driving them out. Kinda cool. (Just to clarify: kind of cool from the road, not so cool in our yard...)

1 comment:

  1. Ugh, I don't like tarantuals, LOL...too creepy! Cindy and Gerald caught a huge one last summer, like the size of my fist! I've never seen one here at our house, but occasionally we get a centipede. YUCK! Glad your house is done, sad you are leaving the ward though.

    ReplyDelete