Just got back from YW girls camp this week -- it was a 3 day event, and I've been stressed for the last month helping to plan it. It was for our ward only this year and I was in charge of the certification activities -- so not fun (for me)! Anyway, it turned out better than I thought. I had a good time with the girls and the leaders, and it was fun to get to know everyone better! (Okay, I mostly had fun except for when I attempted to make crafts -- every blasted craft I tried to make looked like a 2 year old put it together -- I mean, really!! Crafting is not a talent of mine... but I so admire all those who can make it look like a piece of art :0)
Anyhow. My parents came up to stay with the kids while I was at Girls Camp. My mother does such a wonderful job with them -- so patient and gives them lots of attention. I always feel like such a mediocre mom after she's here. Case in point: one morning I called to check on how they were doing and I could hear high voices in the background, and my mom said they were singing and it was such a happy noise. Well, after I got home and this morning in fact, Kate was singing in that high high voice really loud, and it was SO not a happy noise to me. I tried to tolerate it, and then finally snapped, and told her to stop singing so loud, and Grandma might have thought it was cute, but I sure didn't!! (I felt bad afterwards though,and apologized...)
Oh, and Dave, Annie, & Daniel came to visit this past weekend over Memorial Day. They had been camping at Rose Creek on Friday thru Sunday morning, and drove here in time for church on Sunday, and then they stayed over till Monday afternoon. It was so nice to have them here. Sunday night we stayed up talking for a long time, and after the men went to bed/fell asleep, Annie and I stayed up and talked longer -- it was so fun! Annie's the night owl, and it's fun to hang out with her at night :). Monday morning, we played a game of Settlers, and Annie won. Dave helped me practice starting a fire with a magnifying glass (a certification activity for Girls Camp) -- he was able to start a few fires, but I never got past the smoking stage.
The girls are almost done with baseball/T-ball -- so glad! I don't think Kira will play next year; she lost interest in the middle of the season, and didn't want to play anymore, though she did make it through. We'll see about the older girls -- they did okay. Here's a pic of Jim and the girls -- I love this picture, so sweet :)
.jpg)
Don't really have summer plans -- don't get to go anywhere this summer -- oh, except I'll try to go to Buckeye sometime in July when Steph comes down. I was so looking forward to diving into some good books after camp was over, but found out from Jim that we've been asked to give a talk in church on the 13th... &%$%#$#!!!
Anyhow. Can't think of anything else... oh wait, house updates. Let's see, the painting's been done on the inside, the flooring has been started. We're carpeting the bedrooms, tiling the bathrooms, and everything else will be wood laminate. Still don't have a closing date or anything yet... I expect it will be early July.
Here's a couple of pictures taken yesterday morning:
tile in the bathroom
Your house looks so nice! I'm so excited for you guys! And--way to go on surviving girls' camp. I know I shouldn't say this...but, that's something I hope to never have to do. Yep...I probably just jinxed myself. But, I just don't think I'd love it. So--way to go! :) I'm pretty sure I commented about the picture of Jim and the girls on Facebook--but, it's SOOO cute! Fun update. Oh--and good luck on the talks! You'll do great. Just be the funny, smart, amazing gal that you are and it'll be perfect!
ReplyDeleteOh thx, Brooke! You're too kind :) BTW I feel the same way about scouting -- don't ever want to go there (had to once, tho)... hope I never have to again, and probably jinxed myself, too!
ReplyDeleteSherry you did a wonderful job with the girls at camp. NO ONE likes certification but you made it fun for them. Thank you thank you thank you! As for the crafts, well, I'm so sorry you got so stressed out doing them. You have so many talents. You made your girls those cute fleece blankets and I've seen you make crafts at R.S. Enrichment. I think you sell yourself short. You are a wonderful person and I'm so glad to have you for a friend. P.S. Your house is looking great!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Melinda :)
ReplyDelete