Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Happy Birthday Lissy!

Lissy turned 3 today! And celebrated it with 3 accidents -- yippee. Just started potty-training this week after I ran out of diapers and didn't want to buy more; besides she's 3, right, she should be potty-trained by now... I tell you, my last two have been the hardest to potty train. By the 3rd day, my first two had caught on about getting to the toilet when they're ready to go, but not Lissy... she doesn't even try. Oh wait, I forgot, this is supposed to be a birthday post...

So, we had the neighbor girls over for cupcakes and punch this afternoon to celebrate Lissy's birthday.

(Even Arianna came!) Lissy ate 3 cupcakes before I even realized she had finished her first one -- in celebration of turning 3, as I had to explain to the girls after they complained about her eating three cupcakes when I told them they could only have two...

And this evening we went to Grandma's for rootbeer floats. I was going to make brownies, too, but I ran out of time, and was too tired anyway... long day.

So, I'm still up, and it's after midnight... and I find it interesting that after my talk on Sunday when I mentioned avoiding distractions (tho I didn't claim I was perfect or anything); but still, here I am, on the computer -- spent an hour & 1/2 just changing the template on my blog, and now I'm finally updating it! And I was going to read my scriptures... but never got to it, because I'M STILL ON HERE!!!

Okay, I'll end now. I was going to mention the caterpillar that we found that Kate is now keeping in a jar in hopes of it turning into a butterfly... but guess I'll save that for another day... :)

4 comments:

  1. I like the blog change! How did you talk go? I'll have to call you tomorrow sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Lissy! I told Graham that Lissy is getting potty trained and asked if he want to, he said NO, LOL...I really have to buckle down and just make him do it I think. Was just thinking it should be time for Lissy's bday, Graham was asking me about his birthday yesterday, he said "when my friends come over for my birfday?" I told him I wasn't going to make him a party, just take him and his sisters to see a movie, Toy Story 3, he said "no I want my friends come over and eat birfday cake" so then I asked him who are his friends and he said "Lissy!" then he named off a couple of cousins. Silly boy! I am sad I missed your talk at church!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good day! Good for Lissy for eating 3 cupcakes! It's her day, right? :D How much longer til the house is done? It looks pretty close.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Graham is such a cute boy! Lissy has become stubborn about not using the potty chair anymore or anything for that matter, so we're taking a break...

    And Kandice, not sure exactly when the house will be done -- maybe early July? Yeah, it's getting closer!

    ReplyDelete