Monday, March 9, 2009

Going a little crazy...

So, Jim had his hip joint replacement surgery last Monday and it went decently.

Oops -- I accidentally posted this before I was ready and before I decided if I really liked the title -- too late now, I guess. Anyway, back to Jim's surgery:

Everything went well, for the most part, except for the beginning. Apparently, because Jim has a short neck, they couldn't get the breathing tube down, and had to try something different and somehow, his surgery was delayed for a full hour, but no one bothered telling me that. So when I found out he was still in surgery way past the time he was supposed to be up and awake, I worried a lot. I didn't get to see him till hours later in his room with no communication in between from his doctor or nurses as to how he did and why it took so long, and when I finally saw him I just broke down and started crying all over the place. He was fine; I worried for nothing, but I'm still so annoyed by the lack of communication!

So, the surgery was successful, and I brought Jim home from the hospital last Thursday. He's doing decently; I mean, he's up and around on crutches for the most part, and improving every day. The first 3 days, though, I just felt like I was running around all day with no breaks or me time. Things are slowing down more now, finally, and I don't feel as crazy. Plus, I was PMS-ing last week (sorry for the TMI) and just felt out-of-sorts and unhappy. Not Jim's fault or anything! Just the way things are. So, I'm feeling more normal and Jim's feeling better, too.

Oh, I wanted to say thanks again to those that helped me out while I was gone -- thanks Marcie & Heidi, for picking my girls up from school on Monday! And my visiting teachers for the yummy meal on Thursday! It really helped me out!

Not much else going on. Oh, Lissy's been so cute lately. She doesn't talk much (at least not in words that are understandable in any kind of way), but she seems to understand everything going on. She took off her jacket after coming home today, and I asked her to put it away and she knew exactly where it went! I was kind of surprised (probably because I can hardly get the older kids to put their stuff away). She also knew what drawer the apple slicer goes in, and put it away without me saying anything. And sometimes, when Kate and Brynna are ready to go out the door for school, Lissy hands them their backpacks and jackets and knows which one belongs to whom. That girl pays attention to details. She's a cutie, and I've sure enjoyed her being my last baby. She'll be 2 in June, almost grown up!

5 comments:

  1. That didn't sound very convincing. I hope that you really are good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is stressful when you don't know what's going on or why things are taking so long, especially in a surgery! I get anxious just if Dave is late and I haven't talked to him. I'm pretty sure I would have cried too:)
    Glad things are looking up! We've been thinking about you. And Lissy is definitely cute--it seemed like she had grown up a lot when we were there last month, just since Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad everything is going well.

    And are you sure Lissy's your last? I've said the same thing after child #2, child #3, child #4, and now child #5!!!

    Never say never!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you guys are doing well. Glad the surgery went well. My BIL found out today he will need the surgery. He was in an accident a year ago and his hip didn't heal properly.

    Lissy sounds cute. They sure do amazing things and each have their own personalities.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are all getting back to normal again. I love it when Graham knows where everything goes, he wants to help me do everything these days, dishes, vacume, fold clothes....so cute

    ReplyDelete