We tried to go to a park every day, but about the middle of the week the wind started to blow too much, so I didn't want to go out. We rented Twilight and the girls watched it with me and liked it a lot. They watched it again the next day.
Yesterday, we went on a mini-road trip, and explored a road that I had been wanting to try out for almost 2 years now. There was a write-up about it in the AZ Republic way back when we first moved here -- kind of a scenic road to go on. Old Woodruff Road starting in Snowflake and you can take it all the way through Woodruff and then Holbrook (except we didn't go all the way to Holbrook, just Woodruff). Anyway, the road bypasses the Colorado River in a deep canyon, so we got out to take pictures (except for Brynna, who worried the whole trip and didn't want to get out of the car -- I'm not sure what all she was worried about: the car breaking down and being stuck out there -- she had a heart attack every time I'd stop the car and explore). Anyhow, we took some pictures -- I'm sure it's prettier in the summer when it's greener. It was fun to get out.
Today I'm just trying to catch up on laundry and watering outside. It's sunny out, after 2 days of cold, wind, and snow (on Thursday). I hope it warms up again!
Here's some pics at the river:
This was a waterfall next to a dam, but it's hard to see.
Looks like fun! I thought it was funny that there was this road you had wanted to take for two years! It made me laugh because Dave does the same thing and has these roads he's wanted to go on forever. I guess I have places I want to see, but I don't think much about roads to explore:)
ReplyDeleteWow, what a cool canyon! Was there any way to get down to the bottom from where you were?
ReplyDeleteWell, it was pretty much drop off cliffs; however, there was a side road that wound around with the canyon and maybe there'd be a spot to climb down. Further down the main road, there was a one-lane bridge that crossed maybe a branch of the river, but there was also a dam that crossed the river to the other side. It was pretty cool -- next time you come up, we can check it out!
ReplyDeleteRecently we watched a home video of our family at the carnival in the Bashas' parking lot in 1990!!! Glad to know it still goes on in the spring.
ReplyDeleteAnd that is a beautiful road when it's greener.
*SIGH* Sometimes I really miss Snowflake.
I bet that is really pretty in the spring/summer. Glad you guys had a nice spring break. I'm excited to see you guys soon.
ReplyDelete