We drove to Buckeye on the day after Christmas -- the drive was better than I thought -- there was alot of snow on the rim, but the road had been plowed and it wasn't too bad. I stopped in Fountain Hills on the way in to visit my friend, Sharon. It was a nice way to break up the trip and visit awhile.
It was great spending time with family! I stayed up late nearly every night playing games and/or visiting. Lissy's first 2 nights were nightmares as she adjusted to sleeping in a playpen with people in the room with her. Not fun for the rest of us. But by the 3rd night she didn't wake up anymore when I came in to bed. Thank goodness!
On Monday, 2 of my sisters, my sister-in-law and niece, and I went and saw Twilight. I tried not to have any expectations, but I still came out disappointed. I guess that's typical for me, though, I've done the same thing with all the Harry Potter movies. I love the books, but the movies just don't capture the same feeling.
Anyway, Rob Pattison's (Edward in movie) voice bugged me for some reason and I gagged at all the romantic lines from the book. I don't know what it is about hearing that stuff out loud... ew. Though it was okay when I read it! So... I don't know. It was okay. I did like the music in the movie, though, and for those interested I have changed my playlist and added some of the songs from the movie, Twilight, got rid of others, and added a few other miscellaneous ones. Still working on it, but check it out if you're interested!
So, here's some pics of the kids with their blankets and the playhut:
Sorry you didn't like it so much. If you thought Rob P. (Edward) was creepy in this movie wait 'till you see him in his next movie as the artist Dali. Grody!
ReplyDeleteThe blankets looked so cute and cozy!
I like your family picture on the top of your blog.
ReplyDeleteI checked out your playlist changes. Is Rob Pattinson really singing in that song Never think? Huh. It makes me think of Tracy Chapman.
Tracy Chapman??? That's weird. Yeah, I'm not sure how much I like the song, but thought I'd add it to listen to. He's pretty mumbly in it, though.
ReplyDeleteSo, Debra, how was that movie overall?
Never mind -- you're right -- he does make you think of Tracy Chapman. Huh.
ReplyDeleteYeah, the lines are hokie when you read them and practically drip with cheese when you hear them! Dave about gags and falls over if I read it to him in jest... Especially the meadow part, which interestingly was quite toned down in the movie. Hard to make a person sparkle without looking totally weird!
ReplyDelete