Finally I can sit down and relax for awhile, at least till the kids fall asleep and then I have to work on one of the pillows. That project is nearly done, by the way, thanks to Marcie (who tied one of the blankets while I tied the other) and even Jim helped out one night while we watched TV together. So, all four blankets are done, and 2 of the pillows. I'm kind of embarrassed I complained so much about how hard it was (that was the first night, though); it's still tedious, but they look great when done!
I finally did some baking this afternoon for goodie plates for our neighbors. I've been putting it off this whole time, partly because of the work involved and partly because I knew I'd be eating too much of it myself. Which I did. Oh well, 'tis the season, right?
So I'm excited to visit my family after Christmas! The kids and I will be driving down on Friday and staying till Tuesday -- it will be a madhouse with 3 families visiting (and at least one of the days will have all 6 of us siblings and families there.) But I love it! I love all my siblings and their spouses (well, especially the sisters-in-law). Anyway, I'm really looking forward to that and the warmer weather!
Ugh, I just found Brynna in Kira's room with a lamp on telling her stories to 'help her fall asleep'. Are you kidding me? What part of 'go back to bed' did you not understand (when she got got up for the umpteenth time claiming she's just way too excited about Christmas to fall asleep). I told her then that she can be excited tomorrow and now is the time for sleeping. Then that's when she went up to Kira's room... grrr. Bedtime for them is MY TIME, and I take it seriously. Their bedtime is probably my favorite time of the day -- is that bad???
So anyway... trying to think if there's anything else of interest...
A tidbit: Kira received a little manger scene from her Sunbeam teachers -- just a little thing with Mary and Joseph and baby Jesus and the 3 wise men. Anyway, she spent ALL AFTERNOON playing with it. Seriously, the whole afternoon. I could hear her saying things like, "Joseph! Where are you? Here I am -- where are you going?" Just making up stories with them. I just thought it funny that she played with it so long.
Brynna just came back in to say she's trying to find somewhere different to sleep, maybe her closet? Um, no. Not tonight. I finally told her that I can't work on my project till they are sleeping. Ooooh, she says, with a knowing look (I told them I was making them something for Christmas, well 4 somethings and some other stuff, too). So she went back, and I'm hoping she stays there this time.
Well, I guess that's it! Can't think of anything else... I mean, that's halfway interesting, so I'll end. :)
UUMMM hello NO it is not bad to long for "bedtime" or if it is I'M GUILTY. I agree that it is mommy time. Reese is having the hardest time understanding this concept. Anyways, I was glad to help on the blankets and was really glad to have you here to keep me company while Russ was gone--so thank-you. I hope you have a great time with your family. I'm glad we are VT parteners I have enjoyed getting to know you and your family. Thanks for all you do:)
ReplyDeletethis post made me chuckle (he he)! Bedtime is my favorite time too - it's impossible to do anything productive when d's awake and wants his 'quality time'... For example, if I were trying to write this comment 3 hrs ago, he'd have been in my lap asking to press keys on the keyboard (of course his question is purely rhetorical - he'll press them no matter what i saying ).
ReplyDeleteHey Sherry! Nope, don't feel bad about the bedtime thing.... I agree completly!! I am very impressed with your blanket idea for your girls. I still haven't finished Jays, and I bought it while I was still pregnant... over a year later and it is still half done. Oh well. -Valerie Peterson =)
ReplyDeleteLove "Bedtime"!!! My kids try to be creative to get out of it, but I'm onto them and their flimsy excuses. Been there, done that!
ReplyDeleteWell, glad to know everyone else feels the same way! (I'm not the only one who can't wait for their kids to go to bed...) It sounds bad, though, doesn't it?
ReplyDelete