Saturday, October 25, 2008

Fall Carnival, etc.

This afternoon our town had a 'Fall Carnival' -- kind of like a trunk or treat, except held in a school gym, with games, etc. for the kids. Brynna & Kira wanted to go, but Kate did not. [I'm realizing more and more that Kate is just like her dad when it comes to being in large crowds!] So Jim and Kate happily stayed home, and Kira, Brynna and Lissy got dressed up in their Halloween costumes and off we went.

The kids had a good time -- we made a couple of rounds of the gym playing games. Brynna is so much more confident than she was last year -- not shy anymore! I'm so glad; now we just need to work on Kate -- haha.

So, today was a busy day; I had a Super Saturday enrichment this morning. I made some Christmas frames that turned out decently despite my 'craft ineptness'. Then, I came home and it was time to get the girls ready for a soccer game at 12. We sped off for that and I realized that I forgot my fold up chair, so I had to watch sitting in the grass with Lissy in my lap (Kira stayed home with Jim -- my idea, not particularly hers, but she didn't seem to mind too much). The girls had a good time and participated decently this time -- Kate even said that this was her best game and practice this week -- I mean, she enjoyed it the most this week -- yippee.

And then we had the fall carnival this afternoon/evening... plus I remembered kind of late today that Kate has to give a talk in Primary tomorrow. We came up with something short and sweet. It's so nice that she can read well now; I shouldn't have to go up and stand next to her or anything, hopefully, that is -- she might still need some emotional support -- who knows?

Anyway, I guess I'm rambling now... so here's some pictures that I took of the girls this evening dressed in their costumes:






















Brynna -- a fairy -- I think she looks so pretty. I put a little bit of eye makeup on her -- that was so fun!


Kira, my silly rabbit


Just as I snapped this picture, Lissy lost her balance and almost fell. Anyway, she's another rabbit, but she wouldn't let me blacken her nose, and she wouldn't keep her hood on for anything. I told Kate to put it on right before I took the picture.


And Kate didn't want to be left out.

6 comments:

  1. Sherry this is really creepy. YOUR day sounds identical to mine. Super Saturday then soccer at 1 then went to the carnival with the kids. Tomorrow Riley has to do the A of F in primary. Weird huh.

    P.S. I think Brynna looks very pretty also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, Marcie. Did you feel as tired and stressed out by the end of the day like me, too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes I do. I am relaxing now and checking blogs. Lucky mommy:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, yes. I'm spending way too much time vegging on the computer. Must. Go. To. Bed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a busy day! The kids pictures are cute. Brynna has changed since the last time I saw her-she looks older(maybe it's the make up). Ah-ha about the rabbit costume on Alyssa. I was thinking about it the last few days and couldn't remember if I still had it.

    ReplyDelete