I'm so excited -- I get to visit family this weekend! The girls have a Fall Break on Oct. 20 & 21, so we'll be leaving on Friday around noon, because they have early release for Parent/Teacher Conferences and we get to stay till Tuesday. I was trying to think of the last time I visited Buckeye/Valley area and I think it was in May when Cristeen got married -- crazy.
We're going to spend the night with Dave & Annie on Friday, and then spend Saturday morning at my sister, Sandy's house, then head out to Buckeye in the afternoon and stay there till Tuesday with the parents.
It'll be nice to be in warmer weather, too; it's getting cold here -- we used our wood furnace for the first time last night. It was 20 degrees outside when we got up in the morning yesterday, and a chilly 62 degrees in the house. Yesterday evening, Jim brought up a ladder to the deck and secured it for me, so I could climb up on the roof and remove the cover on the chimney -- that was pretty nerve-wracking -- I don't panic at heights, but I don't like them either, and for a second at least, I wasn't sure I could transfer myself from the roof back down to the ladder, but it helped knowing that Jim was right there holding onto it for me. Once we start using the furnace regularly, we'll have to get up on the roof every couple of weeks to clean out the flue -- ick, not looking forward to that.
Yesterday was Jim's Birthday! I spent most of the afternoon making his dinner and desserts -- we had Navajo Tacos for dinner, and a lemon meringue pie and cherry cheesecake for dessert -- Jim's mom and sister, Linda, came also. Everything turned out great and Jim was pleased with his presents from the girls. I helped them pick out things from the local dollar store: a toothbrush, shaving gel and razors, and they all picked out a box of candy for him -- haha. He's a notorious sweet tooth (as we all are in this family).
Then later that evening we served some leftover pie to the Lyman's also. Speaking of: for those who haven't heard, the missionary couple whose house we're staying in while they're on a mission, are actually in town for a month or so while getting some health issues checked out. Fortunately, they are staying in a guesthouse of their son's while here, but they've been coming over frequently to do yard work around the house -- which makes me feel kind of guilty, but they insist they are bored and wanting to do something and not to worry about it. They are unobtrusive for the most part, but I always stress over having the house cleaned up nicely for when they do have to come inside -- is it just me that struggles with keeping the house clean all the time? It just seems nearly impossible to keep it clean with 4 kids running around -- maybe for an hour or so, but then it gets messy again real quick -- drives me nuts.
Anyway, as to other news: Kate's finally adjusted to school, and Jim or I can just drop her off now (as long as the 1st bell is about to ring, so she can go straight to her class -- she doesn't want to spend any time on the playground [still worried about dogs??]). The girls have Parent/Teacher conferences this week, so it'll be fun to hear how they're doing. They seem to be doing very well academically, so it'll be nice to hear that straight from the teacher.
We're all doing well here, staying healthy and well, for the most part. Life is good. :)
Wow, it is good to hear the update. Sounds like you have a good weekend planned.
ReplyDeleteHow nice to get to go to Buckeye. I wish I could be down there and see you guys. Our kids have this Thursday and Friday off for fall break. We are still trying to decide what to do.
ReplyDeleteHey Sherry I'm glad you found me. I'm going to add you to my friends list. It's great to be blogger buddies. I did listen your playlist and I have to say I didn't know hardly any of the songs. The ones I did know I love. Also---I am so confused as to why your girls are so afraid of dogs but they will let a snake crawl all over them. I was panicing just looking at those pictures.
ReplyDelete