All right, so I added a poll on left to survey who or rather how many have ever listened to my playlist. I know, I know, I keep mentioning it and I'm probably the only one who really enjoys it, except maybe a few family members who admitted under coercion that they have listened to it. Anyway, just curious to how many may have checked it out. Thanks!
Nothing new going on here, otherwise. Oh wait, I take that back -- here's a piece of news that probably only Lori would be interested in, but we're befriending a cat that visited us yesterday. I told the girls we can't keep pets at this house, and we'll probably never convince Jim to want one in any case, but we could sometimes feed this one that visits and pet it and stuff. It's an orange tabby -- looks just like the ones I grew up with (ones, because we had several orange tabbies over the years that we kept naming Leo (if male)). I think it's a she, though, and very friendly; she kept rubbing up against us to get petted, even Lissy. We fed her some corned beef hash I found in the pantry that smelled just like cat food -- it was disgusting -- I don't know who would eat that kind of stuff. The cat loved it and another orange tabby showed up when the food came out, but the other one was less tame; it was very cautious and skittery. I started wondering if maybe this wasn't such a good idea after all when another stray cat showed up (3 all together). The third one wasn't invited by the other two, though, and just skulked around. Hmmmm... well, in any case we haven't seen any cats today. The girls are disappointed.
Later: well, the 2 orange tabbies came by again about the same time as yesterday and have stayed all afternoon. This time I fed them some canned beef stew I found in the pantry that's about 6 years old -- gross. They pretty much gobbled it up. The kids are enjoying them and Kira is thinking up names for the tame one.
I loved how you named multiple cats Leo. We named multiple dog Buddy growing up and our favorite cat was Mamma Cat... becasue it had lots of kittens most didn't live to long I am sure becasue of out loveing care as kids. I bet the girls loved seeing those cats. Hopefully they will come around enough but not to much. I checked out your play list but I am more of a country fan. I also rarely listen to music any more. Sad to say.
ReplyDeleteCanned corn beef hash- I had two cans of it once. I can't remember if someone gave it to us or Shawn bought them. They sat in our cupboard for over a year. One day I decided that I should use it. It was pretty gross. Aaron couldn't swallow it and literally gagged on it.
ReplyDeleteHow fun for the kids to have cats coming around. That's how we got ours.
Ugh! I can't even imagine anyone putting that in their mouth -- seriously it looked and smelled just like cat food. Gag.
ReplyDeleteI just haven't had a momment to listen to your play list, sorry. I am interested though. Did you know Dale tamed a wild cat when we lived in the townhouse. He was named Smat the Cat. We ended up caring for him when he got leukemia and had him put to sleep. So be careful if some of yours are strays - no shots to keep the cat illness away.
ReplyDeleteVery cute picture of the girls in the truck! I guess I haven't checked your blog in a bit - missed your poll, but it doesn't matter much: our connection is too slow to stream music ;-).
ReplyDelete--DAVE