I wanted to post this on Halloween, but didn't get enough time. The kids had fun this year -- they went to a friend's party on the Saturday before Halloween and had a really good time. They had a haunted walk outside that the kids enjoyed -- I got to walk with Lissy through it and it was fun to hold her hand and listen to her chatter all the way through about all the skeletons and creepy things we found.
And then on Wednesday night, our church had a Halloween party, too, so the kids got to dress up again. It was held at a church member's house who had a huge side and back yard, and the kids got to trick-or treat in the yard and play some carnival type games. We had chili and other kinds of good soups to eat -- I had 2 bowls of white chili which I have never had before, but now must get the recipe for because it was the best soup I've had in a while, so creamy and delicious and a little bit spicy -- yum :)
This year I had 2 witches: Kira and Lissy; Brynna dressed up as a ballerina, and Kate dressed up as Darth Vader. :)
And then on Wednesday night, our church had a Halloween party, too, so the kids got to dress up again. It was held at a church member's house who had a huge side and back yard, and the kids got to trick-or treat in the yard and play some carnival type games. We had chili and other kinds of good soups to eat -- I had 2 bowls of white chili which I have never had before, but now must get the recipe for because it was the best soup I've had in a while, so creamy and delicious and a little bit spicy -- yum :)
This year I had 2 witches: Kira and Lissy; Brynna dressed up as a ballerina, and Kate dressed up as Darth Vader. :)
For fun I thought I would post Halloween pics of the kids from past years. My kids are growing up so fast, and it seemed like when they were younger I wanted them to hurry and get bigger, but now I just want to slam on the brakes -- slow down, slow down... except time doesn't slow down, but seems to go faster every year...
So here's my babies growing up every year:
2003
The first time I 'dressed up' Kate & Brynna -- Kate was 2 & Brynna 14 months. The funny thing is we still have these headbands in my 'Halloween Bag'...
2004
I was pregnant with Kira this year and due in December. We lived in Tucson, but we were in Snowflake visiting Jim's parents over Halloween and trick-or-treated there :)
2005
In Buckeye. Kate was 4, Kira almost 1, and Brynna 3.
2006
In Buckeye again. And I was barely pregnant with Lissy.
2007
Kate was 6, Brynna 5, Kira almost 3, and Lissy was 4 months.
2008
You can see that we recycle costumes and some keep showing up every year ;)
2009
In Buckeye again. Kate is 8, Brynna 7, Kira 4 1/2, and Lissy 2.
2010
Awww...
2011
Ha ha ha. Love Kira in this picture! And all my girls :)
2012
And here they are again... my babies all grown up...
Well, I had a great time looking back -- hope you did, too :). Happy Halloween! (late)








No comments:
Post a Comment