My kids went back to school this past week -- let the celebration begin! Lissy started kindergarten, Kira's in 2nd grade, Brynna's in 4th, and Kate's in 5th. Wow...
So, as you probably noticed I have not kept up with this blog at all. Let's just say that my life got really busy around the end of April and I don't come up for air very often... or I do, but not in the form of my blog :).
So the short story is that we added on 2 girls temporarily in our family. They are family friends and they will soon be moving on. But 6 girls in a house has been an interesting ride -- a roller-coaster of emotions and drama, highs and lows -- and they're not even teens yet.... Ha, I just realized I have 2 ten year olds, 2 seven year olds, and 2 five year olds since Brynna just had her birthday and shares her age with Kate for a month.
It's been challenging, but what I've learned is that I love my friend and I wanted to be there for her, and this was one way I could do it... but I have to say that I am looking forward to parenting 4 girls again :)
So, here's a pic of all the girls posing on the first day of school:
So, as you probably noticed I have not kept up with this blog at all. Let's just say that my life got really busy around the end of April and I don't come up for air very often... or I do, but not in the form of my blog :).
So the short story is that we added on 2 girls temporarily in our family. They are family friends and they will soon be moving on. But 6 girls in a house has been an interesting ride -- a roller-coaster of emotions and drama, highs and lows -- and they're not even teens yet.... Ha, I just realized I have 2 ten year olds, 2 seven year olds, and 2 five year olds since Brynna just had her birthday and shares her age with Kate for a month.
It's been challenging, but what I've learned is that I love my friend and I wanted to be there for her, and this was one way I could do it... but I have to say that I am looking forward to parenting 4 girls again :)
So, here's a pic of all the girls posing on the first day of school:
They're all grown up, eh?
And I will try to keep up with this blog more often... I've kinda missed writing in it :)

No comments:
Post a Comment