I was ready to cry yesterday, I was so frustrated. So, I'm being dramatic, I know, but I really hate planting seeds in the ground, and I really don't know what I'm doing, and I was doing it all by myself yesterday, and I just wanted to throw a fit and cry my eyes out...which I kinda did.
Anyway, today, with the girls' help I finally finished planting our seeds. Hallelujah. And then I remembered I still have to put up the stinkin' fence. Erg.
Still. At least the seeds are in the ground. We're probably the only ones still planting around here...
So, here's some pics of the 'garden' after we finished today:
So, we have 5 rows in the garden. The first row has zucchini seeds from 2 years ago; thought I'd just plant it and see if anything comes from it. The 2nd row is the tomato plants that my dad brought for me. The 3rd row was planted yesterday and during my frustrated emotional time, so it's haphazardly planted (with a screw it attitude -- I don't care anymore, I'm just planting the stupid seeds wherever the freak I want) with yellow squash, cantaloupe, and watermelon. And the last 2 rows we planted with corn seeds today. Guess we'll see what comes up. Keep you posted...
Anyway, today, with the girls' help I finally finished planting our seeds. Hallelujah. And then I remembered I still have to put up the stinkin' fence. Erg.
Still. At least the seeds are in the ground. We're probably the only ones still planting around here...
So, here's some pics of the 'garden' after we finished today:
Brynna's the only one who helped without complaining and stuck it out till it was done. Nice!
Watching the water go down the rows...
The neighbor dogs came over for a pat.
Another view of the yard
Looking southeast at the smoke from the Wallow Fire.
So, we have 5 rows in the garden. The first row has zucchini seeds from 2 years ago; thought I'd just plant it and see if anything comes from it. The 2nd row is the tomato plants that my dad brought for me. The 3rd row was planted yesterday and during my frustrated emotional time, so it's haphazardly planted (with a screw it attitude -- I don't care anymore, I'm just planting the stupid seeds wherever the freak I want) with yellow squash, cantaloupe, and watermelon. And the last 2 rows we planted with corn seeds today. Guess we'll see what comes up. Keep you posted...





Your garden is BIG or more like LONG! Too bad you can't have those dog scare off the rabbits.
ReplyDeleteThe Wallow fire was on our news today. They said it was the second biggest fire in AZ ever. Yikes!
Your garden looks pretty big! Wow.
ReplyDeleteWe never are able to plant much, let alone harvest much -- most of our stuff seems to die...