Ugh. Just realizing if I want to write a post for March, I have to do it tonight. Can't believe it's going to be April already!
Well, I just spent the day laying in bed reading a book nearly the whole day. Woke up early this morning with a touch of stomach flu. Jim was great; he got up at 6 after I told him I wasn't feeling well to make breakfast for the girls and get them off to school; cleaned the kitchen; took Kira to the bus stop; went to Walmart to do our shopping; picked up the girls from school, then took them to piano lessons; came home and made dinner, and tucked the kids into bed this evening! Nice! He told me at 7 pm that he was feeling tired already; yeah, I told him, welcome to my life :) And I'm feeling better this evening; should be mostly back to normal by tomorrow.
By the way, the book I read today was excellent: The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows. It's a novel set in 1940's England, a year after the end of World War II. The book is a collection of letters centered around a young woman named Juliet ( a writer) who starts writing to a collection of people living in Guernsey (part of the Channel Islands) that were occupied by the Germans during the war. I know it sounds boring, and even though I'd heard it was really good, I had put off checking it out because it sounded un-interesting. However, by the 3rd letter in the book, you get a feel for Juliet's personality and really enjoy her and the people she corresponds with. I loved it! It made me laugh, it made me cry. It even had some romance, which is always a plus :). It's really good -- you should check it out!
Okay, moving on...
The girls are doing well. We recently had their parent/teacher conferences for the three oldest, and every teacher went on about how well they're doing: good readers, spellers, and with math -- we've been lucky so far that they enjoy it so much and do so well.
Lissy's doing well, also -- she's turning 4 in June, and she just chatters all day long. It took her a long time to get started with talking, but now she never stops. ha ha She's so funny; I wish I had written down some of the things that have popped out of her mouth lately, but I haven't and now I can't remember what they were. (Thanks to my early Alzheimer's) She likes to whisper in my ear, "I love you, Mom." She always says, "Tanks, Mom" when I give her something or do something for her. When I tell her not to do something, she always says, "Oh, sowwy, Mom". If she trips and falls, she gets up and says, "I'm ok." She LOVES playing pretend games with Kira and their toy animals (unfortunately, Kira tires of it sooner than Lissy does, and then all hell breaks loose when Kira doesn't want to play anymore). She loves dressing up in ballerina skirts or any kind of skirt or dress. It's been really fun watching her grow up.
Well, I just spent the day laying in bed reading a book nearly the whole day. Woke up early this morning with a touch of stomach flu. Jim was great; he got up at 6 after I told him I wasn't feeling well to make breakfast for the girls and get them off to school; cleaned the kitchen; took Kira to the bus stop; went to Walmart to do our shopping; picked up the girls from school, then took them to piano lessons; came home and made dinner, and tucked the kids into bed this evening! Nice! He told me at 7 pm that he was feeling tired already; yeah, I told him, welcome to my life :) And I'm feeling better this evening; should be mostly back to normal by tomorrow.
By the way, the book I read today was excellent: The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows. It's a novel set in 1940's England, a year after the end of World War II. The book is a collection of letters centered around a young woman named Juliet ( a writer) who starts writing to a collection of people living in Guernsey (part of the Channel Islands) that were occupied by the Germans during the war. I know it sounds boring, and even though I'd heard it was really good, I had put off checking it out because it sounded un-interesting. However, by the 3rd letter in the book, you get a feel for Juliet's personality and really enjoy her and the people she corresponds with. I loved it! It made me laugh, it made me cry. It even had some romance, which is always a plus :). It's really good -- you should check it out!
Okay, moving on...
The girls are doing well. We recently had their parent/teacher conferences for the three oldest, and every teacher went on about how well they're doing: good readers, spellers, and with math -- we've been lucky so far that they enjoy it so much and do so well.
Lissy's doing well, also -- she's turning 4 in June, and she just chatters all day long. It took her a long time to get started with talking, but now she never stops. ha ha She's so funny; I wish I had written down some of the things that have popped out of her mouth lately, but I haven't and now I can't remember what they were. (Thanks to my early Alzheimer's) She likes to whisper in my ear, "I love you, Mom." She always says, "Tanks, Mom" when I give her something or do something for her. When I tell her not to do something, she always says, "Oh, sowwy, Mom". If she trips and falls, she gets up and says, "I'm ok." She LOVES playing pretend games with Kira and their toy animals (unfortunately, Kira tires of it sooner than Lissy does, and then all hell breaks loose when Kira doesn't want to play anymore). She loves dressing up in ballerina skirts or any kind of skirt or dress. It's been really fun watching her grow up.
That book sounds good, is it fiction? Lissy IS a cutie. I can picture her doing those things.
ReplyDeleteI love it when a hubby gets a taste of our life for a day, and the exhaustion that ensues that evening. They need the reminder every so often:)
ReplyDeleteP.S. Your girls looks so cute!!!