Thursday, October 14, 2010

A belated birthday post...

Oh man, I'm so behind as always...

Kate came to me yesterday, and said she noticed that I didn't do a birthday post for her.  Yikes, I forgot! So, this is for Kate:


I fell in love with Kate when she was still in my womb and I saw her chubby cheeks on the sonogram. 


Kate was born on Sept. 12th. She came by emergency C-section.  My labor had slowed that morning, so my doctor broke my waters to get things going again, and within minutes Kate's heart rate had gone down.  My doctor rushed back in, and after trying various things, he said, "These are the risks of a C-section... without one the results will be disastrous.  We're taking the baby out now!"  Immediately, they threw some scrubs at Jim to put on, and moved me to the operating room.  Jim said that within 5 minutes, and before they had even finished hooking up all the monitors to me, my doctor had started cutting, and pulled her out.  Kate came out screaming mad.  I mean, SCREAMING.  She was really angry about being pulled out of her safe warm world.  But she was a really cute baby with lots of dark hair and those chubby cheeks.




Here's Kate at 11 months when Brynna was born. 

Kate was a happy baby, really easy actually.  She was always independent, playing easily on her own.  She's still very independent, likes to do things on her own without any help.  She's a speed reader; she read the Book of Mormon this summer in less than a month.  She's really smart and excels in school; I guess I can brag a little bit in a birthday post, right? She just passed off all 62 levels of Math Facts in her 3rd grade class on her own and ahead of everyone else.

Anyway, we're thankful to have Kate in our family. She's a good example to her younger sisters. Here's some more pics of Kate: 










Happy 9th Birthday, Kate!!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday Kate! What a fun post. But--yikes! on the birth story. I bet that was so scary--especially with your first. I'm so glad she was alright. She was SUCH a cute baby! I love chunky babies. I can't imagine having your first two only 11 months apart. What an amazing Momma!

    ReplyDelete