Friday, October 22, 2010

House decorating

Two weekends ago, my sister Cristeen, came to visit me and stayed for 4 days.  She helped me put up pictures on our walls (which Jim was really grateful for because he did not want to participate in that activity at all).  And she bought some dollar store flowers and baskets from Wal-mart and did some flower arranging for my house! I thought she did a great job! And it's nice to finally have some stuff up, though it's still a work in progress.  Anyway, here's some pics:

 View from the front door

 Dining area -- yikes, there's a glare on all the pictures, so you can't really see them anyway.

 Kitchen -- here's 2 of the flower arrangements Cristeen did.  The bigger one is in a picnic basket that I already had, but never used.

 Another view of the kitchen  with another flower basket.

 Our piano! We finally moved it into the house the weekend Cristeen was here.  The kids are always playing on it, and our house echoes like crazy, so you can imagine the noise coming off it all the time... Though, I'm glad that the kids like to practice all the time :).

This wall is a work in progress, but this is what we have so far, and Kira & Lissy's pictures are old ones that need to be replaced. And you can't even see Brynna's picture because of the window glare. But anyway....


The master bathroom -- my mom made the rug that's on the floor.


Our neighbor's yard -- they said the kids could play over on their lawn any time -- they're an older couple whose kids are all grown up and moved away.

 
 Cristeen hanging out on the back porch.  Jim fixed the grill, so we've been grilling a lot lately!


So, life is good -- mostly settled in -- the garage is still a mess, though, filled with empty boxes. I feel like I'm way more busier out here -- maybe because of all the driving I do. But it's all good :)

2 comments:

  1. Awesome, I'm so glad you are getting settled in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all looks so cute. I'm so excited for you to get all your stuff in and settled. Such a fun time. Let me know if you ever need any help with anything.

    ReplyDelete