Thursday, September 23, 2010

Finally! A post....

It's been forever as always, but thought I'd better post something before September is over. So here's what's been going on with us...

Sometime in August (can't remember when now...) the girls and I met up with my family for an overnight camping trip. It was fun, mostly, except for a few parts, such as the 2 hour rain & thunder storm the evening we arrived, and our dripping tent -- yeah, that was fun. Waking up the next morning with wet blankets -- woowee, that was a blast.

Oh, and here's another fun part: I took down the tent the next day, rolled it up, packed it in the car and loaded everything else and then remembered that I had left my cellphone in one of the hanging pockets in the tent.


No, really, camping was fun. The kids had a great time. Here's some pics:


Our tent -- the location of all our camping fun


The girls and their friend, Elisa, on their 'horse'. 

The kids asleep in the tent, except Lissy (see below).


Packed up and ready to go home -- someone doesn't want to leave...

On nature walk


Lissy wide awake while the other kids were sleeping





On Sept. 4th, Brynna was baptized.  My parents were able to come up, plus Dave, Annie & Daniel.  It was nice :).





And finally, we were able to move into our new house last Saturday -- we had help from old and new ward members, and got everything from the storage unit to our house.  I'm still getting everything out of the old house, but it's mostly done.  It's crazy how much junk you acquire in 2 years... Anyway, I'm still unpacking, but the kids are settled in their rooms with their (new to them) bunkbeds. Lissy's made a smooth transition from crib to bunkbed.  The kids have been riding a bus to school, and like it so much that they want to ride it home, too.  I was going to pick them up every day from school, because the bus ride is an hour to get home (which is crazy long -- guess we're one of the last stops), but they don't care.  We'll try it out next week and see what they think.  I'll post some pics of the house later.

And lastly, here's a couple of random pics I've taken recently: