So anyway, lots to catch up on! I'm not going to even try to fill in all the details, but I can post some pictures!
Last month, we went down to Buckeye for the kids' Spring Break. It was lovely weather and I was surprised by how green everything was down there. My parents had a ward campout that weekend in the desert, and the girls and I went that night for dinner and a little campfire, then except for Kate (who slept in Grandpa's truck bed), the rest of us Johnston's spent the night at my parents' house and then came back in the morning to hang out a little longer at the camp. Here's some pics:
Eating dinner
The next morning, the girls hiked around in the desert.
Following Grandma
Grandpa setting off the some rockets
The rest of the week was spent doing a little thrift store shopping, bottling beans, visiting with family, etc. It was a lovely Spring Break!
The kids are busy with baseball and T-ball now. Kira is playing T-ball for the first time this spring, and Kate and Brynna are playing machine-pitch baseball on the same team coached by their Uncle Robert and their dad (who is assistant coach)! It's been nice, because Jim takes them to practices, etc. They all played their first games last week, and unfortunately, the day and time was the same for all of them, so Jim was with the older girls, and I watched Kira's game. It was pretty hilarious. When Kira came up to bat, she hit the ball, and then hesitated while we all yelled, "Run, Kira!" And she headed off to the pitcher's mound, weaving around, not sure where to go. She caught on by her 2nd bat, though, and did perfectly.
And lastly, our house is going up! We go out every few days to look at what's been done. This week, they're going to finish up the exterior: shingle the roof, put in the windows, some of the doors, and put on the siding. Can't wait to see what it'll look like. Here's some recent pics of the house:
front
back
Well, can't think of anything else at the moment... And I should get back to housework, anyway. Just came down to turn on my playlist to listen to while housecleaning, and thought I should really update this thing... and put off folding laundry as long as possible :)!
Your girls look cute in the baseball hats. You house is going up so fast! It will be fun to see it the next time we visit. How's the landscaping plans?
ReplyDeleteFun to see the photos of your house!
ReplyDelete