I took Lissy to the doctor yesterday morning. When she woke up that morning she had little red bumps all over her body. She had had a low fever the day before and dozed all afternoon on the couch (so not normal for her). And she's had a cough for about 2 weeks now (normal for her, unfortunately). So, the doctor said the rash is her body's reaction to the virus she has and there's nothing to do to treat it -- just let it run its course. She doesn't seem to be too bothered by it, but it looks horrible.

Sorry for me frowning here, I was trying to get Lissy to hold still for me (didn't realize I was furrowing).

Her arm

Meanwhile, I've been cleaning up the yard: moving tumbleweeds into a pile to burn later, watering a lot, and starting a little vegetable garden. The weather's been beautiful here -- a real pleasure to be out in.

My garden (thanks to my dad who made these rows for me when they were here visiting last month!) Just one row started for now till I buy more seeds and/or plants.

I'm so proud of this spot -- I worked for a couple of hours on Monday morning cleaning all the tumbleweeds off the fence and digging up all these awful overgrown spiny plants that attract trash & tumbleweeds! I keep gazing happily at it all cleaned up now!
Oh yeah, I wanted to mention how Kate & Brynna are reading chapter books now. We've been going to the library weekly, and they will check out 4-5 books each. Kate reads all of hers before the week is up, and usually starts reading Brynna's too. Brynna's slower, but has been completing hers during the 3 week check out time. Both Kate and Brynna have been reading from the American Girl series, Boxcar kids, and Junie B. Jones books. I'm so proud of them (and proud to pass on the reading gene to them!)
Anyhow, not much else to report on, but life is good!
Poor Lissy! That doesn't look like fun. Happy gardening though! I have a few tomatoes that are starting to go red and almost ready to eat, yeah!
ReplyDeletePoor Lissy! At least it doesn't bother her too much.
ReplyDeletePoor little thing! My kids have both had rashes like that, and it's horrible when you take them out in public. You know everyone's scared they're going to catch it! ha ha
ReplyDeleteWhen Robbie got it, it was a reaction to him being out in the sun while he was on an antibiotic. Oops.
I'm impressed with your gardening! We've never attempted it, but it's on my list of things to learn how to do. Keep posting pictures of it!
Kind of a relief to hear that someone else's kids have had something similar! I've just never seen anything like it -- it looks so horrible, like chicken pox or something (except not scabbed over, obviously).
ReplyDeleteAnyhow, I wouldn't be too impressed about the gardening, we'll see if I can get anything to produce or even grow first!
Are you sitting down...I'm actually on your blog!! Your garden looks great. Maybe I'll set up a blog too--you know it said I can? I'm so computer illiterate about this stuff. It's fun to see what you're up to though!!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to have a minute to listen to your play list....I forgot about Suzanne Vega!!