Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Dinner ideas

So, I've been wanting to do this for awhile: I am sick of the same old stuff I make for dinner -- I need new ideas! So, I thought I would post a recipe of one of our favorite things we eat for dinner and you all could do the same! Please share and BTW, I tag everyone on my blog list to do this! Thanks!


PIZZA
(I use my friend, Misty's recipe for the crust -- it's fast and easy -- I can make the crust from scratch and have the pizza ready to eat within an hour & 1/2!)

CRUST
1 ¼ Cup Very warm Water
2 Tbsp Sugar
1 Tbsp Yeast
Add together water, sugar, and yeast in mixing bowl.  Let yeast dissolve about 10 minutes.  The yeast will become foamy.
 Add:
2 Tbsp Oil or 1 ½ Tbs applesauce for low fat
1 tsp. Salt
3 cups Flour (Bread flour works best)

Add flour a little at a time if mixing by hand but if you are using a kitchen-aid you can add it all at once. Form a soft dough, knead for 5 minutes. Cover and let rise about 15 minutes.
 
After dough has risen, punch down and then press into pizza pan (I use a 16 in round pizza pan). Spread sauce (see below) and add favorite toppings. I let it sit as is while I wait for the oven to heat up. Bake at 400 degrees for 16-17 minutes.

SAUCE
(This recipe I modified from my sister, Lori's; it makes enough for 3 pizzas, so you can freeze the remainder and save for next time.)

3 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
1/4 teaspoon dried basil

In a small bowl, combine all ingredients; mix together, breaking up any clumps of cheese. Sauce should sit for 30 minutes to blend flavors; spread over pizza dough and prepare pizza as desired.


Okay, it's your turn now! :)

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm, I have to think about this one, but I'll post something soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that pizza sauce recipe! We are having it this weekend for Aaron's birthday. Alayna requested it for hers too.
    I think you know all my favorite recipes. I have that orange chicken one...rather than type it out, maybe I'll email it to you from allrecipes.

    ReplyDelete