Sunday, July 6, 2008

Hello

Well, I thought I'd start an online journal of sorts -- for family and friends to check out and see what's going on with us. I LOVE reading other people's family blogs and checking out their pictures and reading their stories, so we'll see if I can make it as interesting here...

Don't really have anything to report about this week. We had a family barbecue at our house on Friday to celebrate the 4th with Jim's mom, sisters and brother and families.

I'm looking forward to this week and the next few weeks. Tomorrow is our wedding anniversary -- 8 years! Woo-hoo! I'm not sure if we'll be able to do anything special tomorrow, though, since it's so hard to find a baby-sitter for Lissy (um, that's another story).

Anyway, and Tuesday, we're having a family dinner at our house to celebrate my mother-in-law's birthday --we're having tacos. Yum! Wednesday, Dale and Steph and family are coming to visit and staying till Thursday.

And then Friday will not be so fun -- I have to drive to Flagstaff with at least 2 of my kids for a doctor's appt for me (to see my rheumatologist) -- it's a 2 hour trip one way, so it makes for a long day... ick. But, it has to be done. Oh yeah, and Saturday is my birthday, but I don't really have anything planned yet -- we'll probably have another family get-together.

Then, next week on the 16th: Dave and Annie and Daniel are coming to visit us and will stay for about 5 days! Yippee! I love to have family (and friends) visit! And then the week after on the 24th, we get to drive up to Bicknell, Utah and visit Lori for about 5 days! So, a fun month.

Oh, and I just realized the weekend after we visit Lori, we'll start moving our things into storage. If you haven't heard yet, we are moving again (still staying in Snowflake, though). We're moving into a house owned by a couple in our ward who are leaving on a 2 year mission and want someone to live there and take care of it while they're gone -- and they wanted us to move in -- and it's a really good opportunity for us to save some money while there, so we're taking it! Unfortunately, it means we have to move for the umpteenth time, but we should be good at it by now, right? Most of our things will go into storage since we'll be using their furnishings, so I think that will be easier than moving house to house.

Anyhow. I think we'll be moving into the house on Aug. 9th -- our phone # should stay the same I would think. That's a Saturday, and then on Monday, the 11th, the girls will be starting school! Crazy, huh? The summer's practically over... no more sleeping in. :(

Well, can't think of anything else at this time, so I'll end.

3 comments:

  1. Cool, You did a great job! Happy Birthday and Anniversary. Wow you have a busy summer. We are going to stay home....stay home.... stay home but that is what we always do. :) If you connect my blog to yours using the blog list that is talked about on the "dashboard" it will tell you when I update mine or when anyone else that you link to updates theirs. It saves you time from haveing to check to see if someone added anything. It tells you how to do in the article on the dashboard screen. Good luck and happy blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sherry! Your girls are so cute. I saw your blog on Misty's. Ours is thealts.blogspot.com

    :)
    Kandice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi sher

    very nice! We'll be checking your blog often, i think. We're excited to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete