Sunday, September 27, 2009

A normal week, except...

Well, life is about the same for us, except that now we have a piano!! Well, sorta. We have one, but it's residing at my neighbor's house till we move next summer -- there's just no way to bring a piano into this house with all the stairs & all :).

So, the story behind the piano: my parents had someone in their ward wanting to sell their piano, and my parents (being kind and generous) decided to buy it for one of their children, and we got to be the lucky ones! And my sister, Sandy and her husband, Roy, (being also kind and wonderful) agreed to load it up in their trailer in Buckeye and drive it up to Snowflake. And my kind and wonderful friend and neighbor, Shelly, consented to keep it in her house for me, and then three men that I called to see if they could come and help unload it, willingly came and did it! So wonderful -- it all worked out! Thanks Mom & Dad and everyone else!!!

And it was so nice to have Sandy & her family come visit this weekend -- it was a first for them to visit me here in Snowflake. They're such easy guests to have: her kids are fun and help out with dishes and cleaning up around the house. We played a few games: Hearts and Scrabble. My girls romped around with the boys; Heather and Cristi are always so nice to my kids, reading to them and playing with them. Oh yeah, and Sandy made brownies, which we had with ice cream -- yum! And I'm sorry to say I never got my camera out while they were here -- just didn't think about it. Anyway, it was kind of a short visit -- they came up late Friday night and left Saturday late afternoon to visit Tonto Creek on their way home. It was really nice, though! (Like I've mentioned before -- I LOVE having family visit!! Or friends... you know, anyone...

I'm trying to think of anything else... oh yes, Brynna lost her 2 front (baby)teeth this week (not at the same time, though). I'll have to post a picture of her new smile some time...

I did take some new pics of the girls this morning before church -- which I put on the side of the blog. I'm trying to get a good picture of Lissy that I can print out and display. The kids had school pictures last week & I took Kira and Lissy to get theirs done,too -- which was a total nightmare. I had made an appointment for them that morning at the school, but apparently, no one cares or keeps track anyway. I got there and had to stand in line for an hour with my 2 kids and the 2 kids I was baby-sitting. Not fun. Then, when it was finally our turn -- Lissy was not a happy kid, and I should have just told the photographer don't bother trying to make her smile, just take the #%^$&$! picture already as soon as she looks your way. But I didn't. And soon Lissy started crying, and we gave up. And I was so mad afterwards... Anyhow...

Well, guess that's it! Can't think of anything else... sorry no pictures this time!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend with Sandy. I like your girls new pictures. Kate looks especially pretty and Alyssa looks like she is planning her next mischievous act, like "hmmm what can I do next?" very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the picture of Lissy to the right, she is such a cutie, but of course all 4 girls are cutie pies! A new piano sounds fun, Brian's grandma tried to give us one once and we declined since we don't play, but we should have said yes and got the girls into piano lessons, do your girls do lessons, or will you try to teach them yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Amanda! Lissy is a cutie! Right now, Kate is taking piano lessons, but we'll probably have Brynna take lessons in a year or so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, a piano! That's exciting:) Nice that Sandy and Roy could bring it up. Your girls are growing! I can't believe Brynna lost both front teeth. She'll be able to sing that "all I want for Christmas" song this season:)

    ReplyDelete