As for other news...
We've been really really busy. Jim's involved with high school football -- he's the head coach this year for the freshman team, and also special teams coordinator for the varsity team. So, he has practices from 4-6:30 Monday thru Wednesday, and then games on Thursday and Friday nights, plus coaches meetings on Saturday mornings. The kids and I went to our first home game this last Friday, and it was really fun. We'll be going to all the home games to support our team and Jim!
As for me, I've been busy with kids -- I've been baby-sitting my friend's 2 kids while she goes back to work and looks for more permanent care for them. Her kids are the same ages as my youngest: 4 and 2 and both girls, so it's nice -- they all get along decently. Plus, I have Young Womens on Wednesday nights which is a nice break from the kids. :) Kate has piano lessons every Thursday; we decided to have Brynna wait another year before continuing lessons, because she wasn't practicing and she was virtually a drama queen every time she hit a wrong note. I think she could use another year of maturity before trying again. At least I'm hoping that will help!
Oh yeah, and Kate's baptism will be next month: October 10th at 3:00pm for any friends and family who want to attend.
Oh, and I can finally officially announce that my friend, Sharon Schnakenburg, is getting married next month -- October 29th! Woo-hoo! So excited for her (it's been kind of a long wait...) Anyhow, for those who know her... now you know, too. I can't remember her fiance's last name, though -- Jon (something). Oops.
So, that's mostly what's going on with us...
Looks like a fun party! Cool that West and Katie will share the same baptism date. Have you planned anything for that yet? We share the same date with another girl in the ward, so we'll have to work out the plans together...
ReplyDeleteExciting about Sharon!
Glad you guys had a fun party, and sorry we missed it. My girls are wanting to go to a football game so they can see the cheerleaders!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Kate. I actually thought of her the day before her birthday. It is just one of my 9/11 memories.
ReplyDeleteLooks like the weather was great for the picnic/bday party. Looking forward to that kind of weather here.