Last Saturday we spent the day on the Rim with the rest of my family who were camping for the weekend there. My camera battery was dead, so I didn't take any pictures, though. But it was fun hanging out with the fam -- I got to play some games: Pinochle, Settler's, and Clue. The kids had a good time, except for the part where a Great Dane wandered into our campsite. I was sitting in a folding chair eating dinner when the girls started screaming hysterically; of course it was a dog. Kate took off for the car; Brynna was standing next to me screaming; I turn my head and I'm face to face with a dog who's almost taller than my own head. (I had seen it earler at the adjacent campsite, so I wasn't too surprised). He wanted to sniff my food, and was reluctant to leave. His owner finally came for him, though. And then Kate thought it was so funny (later) that I turned my head and there was a dog I could look right into the eyes. She just kept giggling about it.
So, I've spent the last 2 days updating my playlist. I discovered in an old journal that I had made a list of all the tapes I owned, plus all the songs from mixes I had made or had. Boy, did that bring back memories -- and yes, I'm someone who likes to make lists and I guess I had nothing better to do back then than write down all the music I owned... (The journal was from late 80's, early 90's, by the way). Anyway, as you can probably see where this is going -- I looked up a lot of the songs and added them to the existing playlist located at the bottom of this blog. It's rather long, but might be a kick to scroll through and hear some old stuff -- especially you, Lo.
So I have to put at least one picture in, right? Brynna took this picture the other day of me with Kira & Lissy.
Big dog! I bet that scared the kids a little too.
ReplyDeleteIt is fun to go down memory lane with music and journals for that matter.
The spider idea was a good one. I have never tried that let a lone take my kids to do that. I guess we will have to try it.
Hey Sher, I finally got around to listening to your playlist. Boy, those sure bring back memories of back then. Those are fun to listen to.
ReplyDeleteAwesome on the playlist!!
ReplyDeleteThat makes me laugh to picture you and your cute girls throwing stink bugs into the jaws of certain death. :) Ah, motherhood!
Can you send me your correct email address again. We had our computer go down and we backed it up with older info and I lost all my old emails and recently updated email addresses.
ReplyDeleteThanks.