Anyway, I thought I'd post some pictures of some of the rooms of the house:
So you walk through the front door, climb a set of stairs, turn to your left and ta-da! Here's the living room. Lovely shade of green, isn't it. BTW - have you noticed that houses built in the 70's all seem to have green carpet -- what is up with that??? Otherwise, I do like this room, in spite of the carpet, and it has a nice stereo with huge speakers that I've been using every day, too!
Here's the view of the living room from the windowseat looking the opposite direction (where we came in).
Here's the dining area -- just left of the living room and next to the kitchen also.
Kitchen -- one of the nicest rooms of the house -- recently remodelled -- very nice, but it seems like I'm constantly sweeping the floor -- kids leave crumbs like you wouldn't believe!
Just out the kitchen door is a deck (almost finished). This is another favorite area -- can't wait to have someone visit us!
Here's our backyard as seen from the deck -- I'm still trying to unravel the maze of hoses that water all the plants back there...
Not that you can really see from this picture, but we can see the temple from the deck -- it's the white thing straight ahead in the distance.
Another favorite room: this is the playroom/library. I don't think I'll have to visit a public library while living here -- there's plenty of books to choose from!
Just another view -- so you can see just how high the book shelves are. This room is kind of like a basement -- you descend another set of stairs (after already being on the lower level). The ceiling, though, is very high and so the shelves extend up to the ceiling -- there's a ladder in here, also -- haven't tried it out or anything -- don't know if I want to...So, anyway, that's about it -- just something to picture -- and hey, come visit us!
That's great you have so much room. It's nothing like I pictured in my head. I was picturing it more dark inside(less lighting) and less space. And that library...WOW!
ReplyDeleteWhat a cool house! I was thinking of you guys today and wondering if you were getting settled. You move like a pro. I love the library how fun.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy!
green carpet! kinda makes me think of growing up in our home!
ReplyDelete