Thursday, November 17, 2011

Because I have no pride...


This was my older girls' bedroom yesterday morning.  This is what happens when kids ignore my 'suggestions' to clean their room.  This is what happens when we let it go for almost a month.  Isn't it disgusting?  Just walking inside is dangerous to your balance, besides all the things they kept losing. Library books, anyone?

Well, I decided I couldn't take it anymore and spent a couple hours yesterday morning cleaning it all up while they were at school.  I could have waited and made them clean it up with me, but this way there was less whining and crying AND I could take a trash bag in to get rid of unnecessary junk.  Which I did.  And it made me so happy. 



Look how lovely it is now (ok, ignore the dust and the floor which is NOT vacuumed, because my fairly new vacuum keeps clogging and takes majory surgery to unclog and I just hate taking it all apart and putting it back together just so it can clog back up again.  Hate that thing.)  And doesn't the room seem bigger now, too? 

I worked on the other girls' room, too, yesterday morning, but I didn't bother taking before and after pictures because their room wasn't as awful.  I just feel more at peace when my house is clean.  And the girls were happy, too!  Happy they didn't have to clean it up... :)

Anyhow, speaking of having no pride when it comes to pictures... we were trying to take a family photo of us so I could use it in a photo project, and none of them worked out.  Well, everyone looked good except me, and it was either use this one or the one where my eyes are closed.  I cannot take a good picture for anything... You'll notice the new blog picture of the 4 girls has Jim and I in the background with our upper torsos cut off.   So, here's the original picture:

Ugh, see what I mean?



Speaking of awkward photos... earlier this month the website "Awkward Family Photos" was holding an Awkward Sibling photo contest, and I thought I'd submit one of my own from my own awkward years... haha.  It didn't make it as one of the finalists or anything, probably because even though I was with a couple of my sisters in the picture, there wasn't really an awkward sibling premise about it.  Just me and my short permed hair -- haha.  This picture makes me smile every time I see it.  Here's the photo:

Me, Mom, Cristeen, & Lori 


 There were some other family photos I was thinking about submitting for the contest.  Do you want to see them, too? 
Me, Sandy, Mom, Cristeen, Dave, & Lori

This was taken while camping one year.  I'm on the left looking grumpy.  I especially like this one because my sister, Lori, has a large horny toad hanging onto her shirt, and if you look closely, it looks like one of its legs are missing, but it's probably just folded under where you can't see it.

Lori and I had a good time looking up the most awkward photos we could find and emailing them to each other.  Lori found some really good ones, but I'm too chicken to post them -- haha.  Here's another one I found -- I really like this one of the four of us and our mismatched clothes...

Lori, Me, Cristeen, & Dave


Here's another funny one of the four sisters:

Cristeen, Sandy, me, and Lori


Anyway, I'll end with one last picture that I love (that's not awkward at all...):

Me, Lori, Cristeen, & Dave


Ok, one more (love this one, too):
Me, Sandy, Lori, & Cristeen



**I'm so excited that next week we'll be spending Thanksgiving with my family.  Our whole family is congregating for the weekend, and I'm so happy that I get to hang out with them.  I love my family!

1 comment:

  1. I love the fun family pictures. They are fun to look at. Also, my girls room looked like that awhile back, I spent like 4 1/2-5 hours cleaning it while they were at school one day too. Some people were like, "what! Make them do it" but like 2 or 3 times a year I go in there and really clean it and purge it while they are gone, that way I can throw away all the junk they accumulate without them freaking out on me. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete