Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Buckeye trip

I am SO not in the mood for doing housework right now, and... I am miles (hee hee) behind on my blog, and so I'm going to do some catch up.

Well, on Aug. 3rd (the week before school started) the girls and I headed down to my parents' house to see Dale & Steph & family who were visiting from California. We had a good visit -- I always love talking with Steph, and Dale is always entertaining. Sandy & her family came to visit on one of those days, too, and we had a houseful of kids, but it was fun. By that time I had my nose in a book that Steph had brought (she always brings me books to read :)) It was just a nice, relaxing visit; so here's a few pics from the trip:

Kira spent her days picking up chickens at grandma's house -- I think she's my animal lover. Kate with a chicken -- she doesn't pick them up as easily as Kira -- had to chase one down. My niece, Heather, reading to the kids -- she's so nice to them! (And I don't know why Brynna is licking her arm... probably leftover syrup there -- Grandma always makes waffles for breakfast!) And grandma reading to the kids -- she did this every day. My kids love it. A group of us playing spoons Story behind this picture: We went for a walk in the evening down the road; Lissy and I were late getting out, and they had left without us. Lissy saw the rest of the kids & wagon down the road, and she just took off without me running down the road (or just hurrying in her case). She ran all the way down the road ahead of me before she caught up (it's about a 1/4 mile).

So, we came back from Buckeye on Friday, and it was our neighbor, Lynn's, last day here. She was moving to Texas to live. We are really sorry to see her go -- she was Lissy's other 'grandma'. She was always so nice to us: a great example of how to be a good neighbor and friend. Here's a pic of her with my kids & Rhiannon (her granddaughter):

And I'll end with a video of Kate trying to catch a chicken:

1 comment:

  1. Catching chickens looks fun! I didn't know Sis Smith was moving, and I am so sad you aren't my visiting teacher anymore...oh, and I started those Sookie Stackhouse books, pretty good! Thanks for the suggestion!

    ReplyDelete