We went camping on the Rim with my family on Friday -- just one night -- which is perfect for me -- I hate sleeping in a tent. What am I saying, do I ever get any sleep? Anyhow, it was fun. My kids LOVE camping; they beg and ask all year when are we going to go camping again. Jim likes to go, too, otherwise, I might not be so motivated. I do like camping; I just hate nights -- it's always a long drawn out, uncomfortable affair often accompanied by freezing and kids crying. This time wasn't too bad though --I didn't freeze, in fact, was rather too warm. But Lissy got up during the night and then took forever to finally relax and go back to sleep.
So anyway, it was fun to be with family. We played some group games like 'Kick the Can' -- remember that one? And I played some Scrabble with Annie and Dad. Always fun.
Here's some pics:

All packed up and ready to go -- the car was stuffed -- I'm surprised we got it all in, plus the kids!

The kids eating lunch (you can see our tents in the background)

Our campsite -- my sister Sandy has the trailer... maybe some day we can get something like that and be done with tents!

Jim hanging out with Cristeen and Rob

Grandma with a couple of grandkids

Kate near the campsite

It's amazing how dirty the kids get while camping -- and Lissy wasn't the only one who was filthy. Oh well, all part of the experience, right?

The girls in the trailer

Packed again and ready to go home. For some reason we seemed to be even more stuffed on the way home... or less organized.
Isn't camping the best? We love it. We are going next week. One last adventure before school starts.
ReplyDeleteI love the messy Lissy picture, she sure is a big mess, but has a super big smile on her face!
ReplyDelete